You might be on a tight budget, but you can save money! Here are 9 ways to save money on a tight budget this month. Literally, use these money-saving strategies and you’ll have more cash at the end of the month. This month!
- Brown bag your lunch. This is a great way to save money on a tight budget. Instead of buying lunch, bring your own from home. This can save you a lot of money each month.
- Cut back on your cable. If you are on a tight budget, you may want to consider cutting back on your cable. You can save a lot of money by doing this.
- Automate your savings. Create a transfer from your checking account to your savings account each week. Start small, like $10 per week. Then build it up to $15 per week next month. Then a little more each month thereafter. Before you know it, your savings will be significant, and you’ll be living on less each month.
- Shop around for car insurance. If you are on a tight budget, you may want to shop around for car insurance. This can save you a lot of money each month.
- Get a roommate. If you are on a tight budget, you may want to consider getting a roommate. This can help you save money on rent and utilities.
- Shop at thrift stores. Thrift stores can be a great place to find bargains. You can save a lot of money by shopping at thrift stores.
- Use a budgeting app that helps you know where your money is going each month. These often will help you know of any subscriptions that should be canceled.
- Take stock of food spending. First, only allow one trip dining out this month. Then account for all your grocery visits. Decide which items could be substituted for lower-cost groceries.
- Take advantage of student loan forbearance. Use the spare cash to pay down debt and put the money in savings.